2 Timothy 1:14
"Guard the good treasure entrusted to you, with the help of the Holy Spirit living in us."Paul wrote to his friend from prison to guard the good treasure. Good treasure, he meant to pass along the teachings of Christ, share the blessings and miracles, to keep it safe and alive. As I reflect today on being a mom, I strongly heard this verse deep in my heart. The good treasure of being a mom is such a blessing. A blessing which I am to share the teachings of Christ in action and word daily, sometimes second by second depending on Nate's mood :/, a teenage girl and moms hormones, my mood for that matter. Yet I'm not the only one teaching, I have learned so much from Sasha and Nate. The blessing and miracle of their life. The blessing and miracle of their smiles, tears, hurts, anger, joys, accomplishments ... so much each day. To treasure - to hold or cherish - all I can hold is the memories and the love, every day is for God. Each day brings a new adventure, yes adventure, if I think of it any other way it becomes overwhelming.Sasha - my dearest precious daughter whom is such a treasure in so many ways. Born at 2lbs she is grown healthy, thank God, grown up with me, taught me so much, loved me so much, brought me so much joy in all her accomplishments. Little did I know the days of writing her name, matching clothes and shoes, praying before meals "DON'T EAT YOU HAVEN'T SAID GRACE" thanks Sash for keeping me straight, adding, her absolute fav multiplication facts (haha) and hours on end of fighting to take the flashlight away so she would GO TO SLEEP and stop reading, that we have now transformed to the CONFIDENT, BEAUTIFUL young lady preparing for her next step in her young adult life, as she begins to transition to college, start pursuing her dream of nursing and amaze me more each day with her determination, love for GOd and others, compassionate heart, and how much love overflows from my heart each day for her. Thank you God for my treasure, Sasha.Nathaniel - my dearest Natie, God's gift, God's miracle of miracles, believe in miracles - oh my do I. If I don't you will remind me because you like to talk, like to be heard, like to be the center of attention, probably because you are. You entertain us so much. Your life started with such a sad and depressed mom, more overwhelmed of having a 14 year old and a newborn - WHOA! But such a LOVING, TENDER HEART you have. My Natie is such the life of the house, even the days you feel like you just need to exist, Nate is ALIVE and ACTIVE. As we learn to write Nate, and then move along to Nathaniel, you love to play, not so much to do homework, and only homework if someone else works with you. Do something alone, not you, you like TEAMWORK! Absolutely love team work. You are a cheerleader to those around you, you tell everyone good job, have great manners and I absolutely love how you say 'Oh bummer-O-ni I have to try again' ... You amaze me and inspire me to keep trying, keep working, you are so dedicated such a hardworking little guy, thank you God for my treasure, Nathaniel.Mother's Day is not only to make moms feel special, because I only feel special because of the treasure entrusted to me, my children.I love you Sasha and Nathaniel with such an overwhelming love that my heart overflows for you, IXOLUL!