Heavenly Creator of the universe, we thank You for the children that You have entrusted to us. We want to cooperate with You fully in helping themgrow into free and responsible persons and mature in the faith received at Baptism.Grant us the grace to be able to guide them in the practice of virtue andthe way of your commandments---by the good example of our lives, and by theloving observance of your law and that of your Church.Most of all, however, guide them with your Spirit so that they may know thevocation You will for them and be open to geniune self-giving and true Christian love. Amen.
Shabby just say snow
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
My children are growing up too fast
So today we let Sasha drive herself to Confirmation class. This is the first time we let her drive. :( and :). It is an whirlwind of emotions. You want them to drive so you don't have to take them everywhere and back. You don't want them to drive because then you have to worry about them getting everywhere and back. What's a mom to do? She did call once she arrived and boy were we glad she made it to church safely. This driving thing, ugh.
Nate found a crayon. I make it a point to put the crayons up HIGH. I will restate that, VERY, VERY HIGH and in a BOX. I can't imagine how one did not make it in the box the last time we colored, but it didn't. He brought me the cu-wer. Of course he left his mark first. On Sasha's bedroom door, it's white. On the hallway wall, it's white. Did he color on anything that would not show his art work? Of course not. I forgot to tell my mom, I better call her. She will definately get a kick out of this since I did the same thing on her favorite mural:) No not me.... When Sasha colored her walls, they had floral wall paper and you couldn't tell. Now that was nice :)
I love my children. They are growing up too fast. And learning new things that momma is not quite ready for them to know. I think I can relate to how God felt once he discovered Adam and Eve had eaten from the forbidden tree. They now had knowledge He didn't want them to have, and He couldn't change it. Once you take a step, you can't go back no matter how hard you try.
I will say a special prayer today for parents. WE NEED IT. :)