Shabby just say snow

Monday, April 27, 2009

to oink or not (title by Nicholas O Weber)

So with this swine flu scare going on...Sasha and Nate have been sick all weekend. Nick got a little nervous on Sunday evening and called the on-call doctor. They told us to NOT let Sasha go to school and take them in first thing Monday for a rapid flu test. So we did.
This is what we got. MASKS.
We were alienated because we have runny noses. GEESH. Well I guess they are simply trying to protect the rest of NB from the swine flu or curly tails as Jill described it. So here we are at the doctors office wearing our masks and in case your wondering, no, no one stared Oh yeah, we tested negative for the flu. Positive for sinus infections!
Nate likes to play when he wakes up in the morning. He eventually comes in to my room, rubs my arm and says "sweetie" or actually "sweesie" to wake me up. This morning he came in, "sweesie", I rolled over, opened my eyes, YIKES!!! It was quite the scene. Funny. Not funny. Anyway, cute overall so I had to make him pose so I could take his cute little picture. In reality, i don't want to be awakened by someone asking me to evacuate my house or anything, that is a little nerve-wracking.
Our first time in the shopping cart car. He loved it. I thought he had already driven it with his dad. He acted like it was what was supposed to happen when we got to the grocery store. So I called Nick and was peeved because that thing is really hard to drive. Nope, Nate just pulled one over on me. He had never been in the car cart. He just decided he wanted to do it and he did. Now it is the norm. That thing is very hard to drive, I don't like it. So if you are at the grocery store and here someone run into the shelves, it is probably us....trying to steer that darn cart!