Shabby just say snow
Sunday, November 22, 2009
My daddy
Today it has been six years since my dad passed away. It is really difficult to think, six years. Some days it seems like a long time ago because so much has happened. Somedays, like today, it is all to fresh and difficult to think its true. My dad was a great person. He had strong moral character, strong-willed, strong faith, extremely patriotic, and loved his termites. He was a hard worker and believed in persistence because nothing was impossible in his eyes. He pushed me to succeed in everything, probably contributing to my OCD, haha. He was also quite a jokester and had nicknames for everyone and I do mean everyone. Some were nice and some not-so nice. I am thankful for the time I had with my dad. I am thankful for all I learned from him. I am thankful we all share in his legacy. I am thankful for all he worked so hard to provide. I am thankful he served our country. I am thankful he believed in community. I am thankful he shared his knowledge. I am thankful he relied on God's will daily and not his own because with that he has given me great strength to share with my children. I am thankful I had the chance to tease him about his accent and share in lots of laughs, even the dirty looks because I'll never forget them either - a "ditch" of ice cream ... dad do you mean a "dish" of ice cream? I am thankful for more than he ever knew. I love you dad and I miss you.



